Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

8. MOUNT ABU TO DELHI (DELHI-DWARKA-DELHI IN 16 DAYS)

This is the last of the eight blogs covering this beautiful trip.

Delhi - 265kms - Jaipur - 130kms - Ajmer - 194kms - Chittor - 120kms - Udaipur - 249kms - Ahmedabad - 231kms - Rajkot - 221kms - Dwarka - 456kms - Ahmedabad - 183kms - Ambaji - 51kms - Mount Abu 737kms - Delhi 

Day 15-16: MOUNT ABU TO DELHI


The route we opted for on the basis of shorter distance on our way back was a miscalculation as the State Highway was not as good as the National Highway, to which we had got used to by this time though the natural scenic beauty was par excellence all through.


"Pl take my photo," he had requested & posed for it.
On way, while passing through a railway crossing and noticing a beautiful hillock in the background, I started clicking my camera. A road-side vendor noticed that and waved his hands saying “Take my photo too.” And then he posed for it and stood in style. As I clicked his photo and the car moved, he waived out thanking me. He will never see his photo and I don’t even know his name. Only his photo is here with me. But I will always remember him for his enthusiasm and a beaming face.

Happy and satisfied at the end of the journey
From Mount Abu to Jaipur, driving over 550kms and for ~11 hours at a stretch, we stopped overnight at Jaipur and reached home…sweet home, the next day afternoon. And thus came to an end our 16 days’ highly enjoyable trip from Delhi to Dwarka and back.
In my next blog, I plan to give you details of essential packing list on such travels. So long then...

                                                
                                It is a small thing 
                     To have thought, 
                        To have planned,
                            To have enjoyed the sun, 
                               To have lived the life,  
                                  To have done!


*****

2 comments: